Advised Funds: All of the Joy, No Paperwork
When your clients want to actively participate in their charitable giving, a donor advised fund is ideal.
Your clients experience the joys of philanthropy without the drudgery of paperwork and reporting. They can give to any qualified public charity to benefit those in the community, Fairfield County, other states, or even other countries.
Your clients giving becomes meaningful, effective and easy.
Benefits of a Donor Advised Fund
By forming a donor advised fund, your clients set in motion a strategic philanthropic vision tied to their individual charitable goals.
Among the benefits of a donor advised fund are:
- Your clients can name their fund
- Your clients receive immediate tax benefits, even if they wait to recommend grants.
- Your, or a fund advisor they designate, are involved with the fund. They make recommendations for grant distributions, and can consult with our staff to learn about community needs that match their interests.
- If your clients establish a fund with $1 million or more, they may elect to designate a specific money manager, contingent upon the Foundation's approval of that manager and investment strategy.
- Your clients are freed from fiscal management and paperwork. We handle all of the administrative burdens, including oversight, due diligence, record keeping and reporting.
- Your clients may give anonymously.
- Your clients can engage their children and grandchildren, and name them as advisors and successors to the fund.
- Corporate clients can open a donor advised fund to accomplish their charitable objectives and involve key team members in the process of giving back.
It's Easy to Begin
- Your clients can establish a donor advised fund with an irrevocable, tax-deductible contribution of $25,000 or more in cash or publicly traded securities.
Your clients can make grant recommendations of $500 or more at any time to any qualified charity. We handle all transaction details.
Your clients can add to their account with new contributions at any time.
Contact Us to Get Started
To learn more about specific solutions for your clients' charitable
giving, contact email Fiona Hodgson, Vice President of Development and Marketing, or call her at 203.750.3200.