Grants to Protect the Environment
One of the joys of living in Fairfield County is its beauty, yet our region's 900,000 residents disturb the fragile ecosystems of woodlands, watersheds and estuaries, and encroach on open space.
Long Island Sound, a crucial part of Connecticut's ecosystem, needs protection from pollutants in storm water runoff. Environmentally sensitive open space needs preserving. And nonprofits that promote environmental protection require support for community education, advocacy and staffing.
Qualifying for Environmental GrantsThe Foundation and our donors support numerous nonprofit programs that improve the overall environmental health of Long Island Sound and its watershed, protect environmentally sensitive open space and wildlife habitats in Fairfield County, and educate the next generation of environmental stewards.
Your organization may qualify for grants made from our Fund for the Environment and discretionary funds if you help address this problem by:
- Growing the next generation of environmental stewards by supporting high-quality environmental education programs in Fairfield County.
- Protecting one of our region’s most precious natural resources by improving the overall environmental health of the Long Island Sound and its watershed.
- Increasing the amount of green space in Bridgeport, Danbury, Norwalk and Stamford.
- Promoting smart growth initiatives.
- Educating Fairfield County residents about policies that affect the quality of our environment.
Contact UsEmail Sharon Jones, Program Assistant, or call her at 203.750.3219 with questions or for more information.