Greater Bridgeport Area Scholarships
Graduating seniors from high schools and current college students from the Greater Bridgeport Area towns of Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Milford, Monroe, Shelton, Stratford, Trumbull or Westport may apply for scholarships from the Fairfield County Community Foundation.
Please be sure to read our general eligibility requirements linked below before applying.
2014 Online Scholarship Application:
The 2014 Online Scholarship Application is now available!
Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about using our online application portal. All scholarship materials must be submitted through this online portal.
For graduating high school seniors:
Click to read the general criteria and listing of scholarships available for graduating high school seniors. Click the button below to access the online scholarship application portal if you are a high school senior graduating in 2014.
Application deadline is 11:59PM EST on March 31, 2014. Late applications will not be accepted.
For current college students (NOT incoming Freshman!):
Click to read the general criteria and listing of scholarship available for current undergraduate and graduate students. Click the button below to access the online scholarship application portal if you are currently an undergraduate or graduate student.
Application deadline is 11:59PM EST on April 30, 2014. Late applications will not be accepted.
Required materials for the online application:
- Most current official transcript
- Letter of Recommendation (second letter if required by scholarship criteria)
- Complete copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) (available online by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Visit www.FAFSA.ed.gov)
- Personal Statement/Essay (2nd essay if required by the scholarship)
- You can apply for a maximum of four scholarships in your online application
- The Application Deadline for the GBA Scholarship Program for Graduating High School Seniors is 11:59PM March 31, 2014 - no exceptions!
- The Application Deadline for the GBA Scholarship Program for Current Undergraduate and Graduate students is 11:59PM April 30, 2014 - no exceptions!
- Late applications will not be accepted and incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Scholarships with specific criteria:
In addition to the General Criteria, many scholarships have specific criteria, so be sure to carefully review the requirements of each scholarship and also in the online application and include any additional letters of recommendation and/or essays along with the required documents.
If you have received communications from us because you have a renewable scholarship and have questions, please email email@example.com or call us at 203-750-3200.
Financial Aid Resources
There are many resources for students seeking scholarships and financial aid to help make college more affordable.
High school guidance counselors and college financial aid offices are a good place to begin the search.
List of financial aid resources.
For information on scholarship applications, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 203-750-3200.