Leading the Way to a Better Future
Fairfield County’s most challenging problems are too complex to address alone. One of the roles of a community foundation is to serve as a community leader tackling these critical issues.
We act in multiple ways. Your community foundation:
- Researches and identifies critical local issues where philanthropy can make a significant difference
- Brings together community leaders, policy makers, nonprofit leaders and experts to collaborate on solutions and serves as strategic partner
- Shares our research and knowledge, and raises awareness
- Provides funding and recruits other funders
- Measures and evaluates progress, and implements necessary course corrections
Currently, we are leading three initiatives that benefit Fairfield County:
- The Urban School Leaders Fellowship is preparing a new generation of impassioned school principals to help urban children succeed in school
- The Family Economic Security Program helps low and middle-wage single parents get the education they need to enter careers that pay a family-sustaining salary
- The Center for Nonprofit Excellence helps local nonprofits run more efficiently so they can be even more effective
We invite you to join us in transforming lives and making a difference in your own backyard. Click on any of the initiatives to learn more, or make a donation.