Private & Family Foundation Services
If managing your private foundation has become a burden, or you are looking for ways to increase the impact of your philanthropy, we offer a range of solutions.
Our staff has the experience and knowledge needed to work with you and your foundation's advisors to determine how best to achieve your charitable goals and objectives.
We listen to you, learn the history and purpose of your foundation, and propose customized plans for best continuing your philanthropy.
Transitioning to a Donor Advised Fund
One of the most popular options is transitioning your foundation to a donor advised fund.
With this option, you can continue your philanthropy yet be freed from the administrative burdens. You can protect your privacy by giving anonymously.
You will enjoy greater tax advantages and gain access to our philanthropic expertise, all while maintaining control over your charitable assets.
Among the many benefits of transitioning to a donor advised fund are:
- You experience the joy of philanthropy while we handle the administration
- You can name your fund
- You can involve your children and grandchildren and name them as advisors and succesors
- You can give anonymously
- Your assets are invested in a large, diversified pool for growth and stability
- You are freed from the annual 5% payout requirement
- You can recommend grants to any qualified public charity
- You receive a quarterly donor statement detailing all fund activity
- For funds above $250,000 you are paired with a donor relationship manager who will support your grantmaking
Foundation Administrative Services
If creating a donor advised fund is not right for you, we can help you develop a customized suite of administrative services which provide you with complete control of your foundation's assets while relieving yourself of the piles of paperwork involved.
A contracted agreement for philanthropic advisory services, management and administration lets you continue to enjoy the pleasures of charitable giving without the hassle of the day-to-day requirements.
Contact Us To Get Started
To learn more about how we can provide your foundation with a customized package of philanthropic advisory services, or help you transition to a donor advised fund, email Fiona Hodgson, Vice President of Development and Marketing, or call her at 203.750.3200.